1. H&M Leather Shoulder Bag, $129
2. Ray-Ban Clubround Classic Sunglasses, $160
3. Rhea Footwear Classic Slip on, $114.99
4. Art of Shaving Premium Beard Oil, $30
5. Herschel Supply Co Travel Kit, $29.99
6. S'well Teakwood Water Bottle, $35
7. Stainless-Steel Bar Tools Set, $29.60
8. Apple Leather iPhone Case, $45
Disclaimer: Terms and conditions of the points and rewards can be found at To The Tens.
The sun has just crossed the plane of the earth’s equator— this means longer sunlight-filled days ahead and a warmer climate as the northern hemisphere approaches closer to the sun. Besides the blossoming flowers and lengthier days, there is typically some form of rebirth and regrowth during this season. Whether that is a mental, spiritual, or physical form of transformation, spring is a great time to reflect and refresh as we enter into a much brighter season ahead.
There is something about spring that has always made me excited to start anew. My closet tends to get more spacious, as I thoroughly clean it out around this time, and my body tends to feel more revitalized, as I fill my tummy with lots of fresh fruits and veggies that this season offers. Besides the physical cleaning for spring, I like to focus on my internal state as well— a sort of mental spring cleaning.
As the lifeless foliage turns green and flowers begin to flourish, I find myself too yearning to mirror mother nature. I want to let the past go, forgive, and move forward with both happiness and gratitude.
One of my favorite forms of self-reflection that allows me to practice both forgiveness and gratitude is journaling. If the ability to forgive has been hard this past fall/winter season, I recommend writing a letter to this person in your journal. Writing down your frustration and collecting your thoughts in one place, allows for the transfer of built-up internal anger into organized words. I never send this letter, but at the end, I always make sure to write “I forgive you.” This form of journaling always tends to help me move forward— sometimes I even write multiple “letters” if I still feel anger towards this person. Forgiveness takes time.
Another form of journaling that helps bring about a refreshed mental state is gratitude journaling. Simply being able to focus on what I do have (this can range anywhere from talents and skills, to amazing people I am thankful for, to the highlights of my day) allows me to recognize the blessed life I am able to live. Focusing on the good (instead of complaining, wishing we had more, etc.) allows for happiness to prevail.
This spring, let’s practice moving forward and appreciate the goodness that Mother Nature has blessed us with. So, take that extra hour of sunlight, relax, and let your feelings flow onto paper as your mind is able to let go and spring forward.
1. Yogurt: One of the most accessible forms of probiotics is live-cultured yogurt. However, pay close attention to how the yogurt is made and the sugar/ high fructose corn syrup content.
2. Kombucha: This fizzy, sweet probiotic drink is a refreshing way to incorporate probiotics into your diet. The black tea is fermented with SCOBY, which is a live bacteria and yeast colony. Along with digestive benefits, Kombucha boosts energy and detoxes the liver.
3. Sauerkraut and Kimchi: These flavorful, cultured vegetables are an excellent way to build probiotics into your cooking. Sauerkraut is made from fermented cabbage and is high in organic acids. Kimchi is widely used in Korean dishes and can also add some spice to your cooking!
4. Kefir: Kefir is very similar to yogurt because it is a fermented dairy product that is combined with fermented kefir grains. Because it's fermented with more bacteria and yeast, it's actually higher in probiotic content than yogurt.
5. Miso Soup: Miso Soup is made from fermented soybean paste. Miso is a traditionally Japanese dish that is known for its macrobiotic and digestive regulating properties.
The contest will run for two weeks from December 22nd until January 4th. One winner will be chosen on January 5th and will be contacted via direct message on instagram. More than one entry per user is acceptable and encouraged! Happy holidays!
1. Himalayan Salt Lamp from Urban Outfitters
Himalayan salt products are known to have incredible health benefits and can be incorporated into your life through cooking or decor! The negative salt ions released by heating can boost blood flow, improve sleep and increase levels of serotonin in the brain. This salt lamp will add warm light to any space and bring healing energy.
2. Faux Fur Pom Knitted Throw from Pottery Barn
Who doesn't need more cozies around the house during the chilly winter months? Even better, the poms make for a decorative accent on any bed or lounger. No matter who you're gifting to, they will appreciate this one- guaranteed.
3. Classic red flats from Rhea Footwear
These flats are a staple piece this holiday season. Make any outfit Christmas party-ready with these festive flats! Comfy and safe for those icy winter months!
4. Capri Blue Iridescent Jar Candle from Anthropology
Candles are by far one of the most versatile gifts. Everyone appreciates a yummy smelling, pretty candle for their bathroom or bedside table. Anthropology candles make an amazing stocking stuffer!
5. Organic Vegan Cookie Mix Set from Free People
These cookie mix sets are an adorable and thoughtful gift for any and all vegan loved ones! Each cookie mix comes complete with a wooden spoon and cookie cutter or maple syrup. Give the gift of yummy and organic treats this Christmas season.
6. 101 Cocktails to Try Before You Die from Burro
1. Rest up.
Take full advantage of daylight savings and sleep in a few minutes past your alarm. Sleep is necessary for your body to become refreshed and replenished for the next day. Sleep is linked to improved memory, reduced inflammation and sharper attention skills.
2. Drink up. Fluids, that is.
Your body is constantly losing water throughout the day, so it's important to stay hydrated. Water oxygenates your blood and flushes toxins from the body so that your organs can function at optimal levels. Water also helps you digest your food properly and allows cells to be properly nourished with nutrients.
Everyone loves a cowgirl on Halloween. Pair the daphne brown booties with a relaxed plaid shirt and denim to create a classic Halloween look. Add a bolo tie to give your costume a trendy twist!
Who said black cats are bad luck? Black kitties are one of the most versatile costumes in our book. Add a furry accents with a cross body bag or fur vest to make your costume cozy and cute. This black cat will stay firmly planted on the ground in her trusty daphne booties!
Rosie the Riveter is the founder of the denim on denim trend! A classic American icon, Rosie makes for a fierce Halloween costume. Incorporate red accents with the classic red flats, a red head scarf and red lips.
1. To start off the list, we have Jessica in the Kitchen's Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Crispy Sage. The squash adds a sweet twist to a traditional dish and transforms it into a yummy fall go-to. The best part, this recipe is vegan and gluten free!
2. Jump right into the Thanksgiving spirit with I Love Vegan's Roasted Vegan Thanksgiving Bowl. Put those post-Thanksgiving leftovers to use with this quick and easy roasted veggie bowl. Leftovers never looked so good...
6. Our Fall recipe book would not be complete without everyone's favorite Thanksgiving food- pumpkin pie! Oh She Glows' Mini Pumpkin Pie Tarts are a great desert for a big Thanksgiving party, or a midnight snack during those long winter evenings.